Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Lady Gives A Little

Two people told me this past weekend that I had to give L.A. at least two years to show me her charms. What's funny is that I had already decided I had to stick it out for at least two years.

Things are looking up already. January is a slow month for the Industry and business in general, so maybe that explains some of the sluggish response to my early job search efforts, but things seem to be improving. I accepted yet another temp job in Santa Monica, at a private school, for the rest of this week, simply because I have to be out there anyway for dates after work. I also agreed to an interview, through the same agency, with an international business that sounds interesting. I also figured out the temp agency for the studio closest to me, Fox, and talked to them today about temp work. I noticed from their website that they have a substantial library on the studio lot-- something for me to think about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good catching up with your blog, susan! your l.a. life sounds busy and full of the new. i visit l.a., vicariously, when i read you.

Amy L said...

Yes, LA takes a long time to grow on new residents and its a hard place to warm up to sometimes. But once you do, it gets under your skin!