Friday, February 16, 2007

TGIF, Part II

Today is a very special TGIF, as it was my last day on the temp job! They made some noises about offering me a permanent position, but I definitely need to temp myself around before making a commitment. The thing about generic admin work is that you can do it anywhere, so I might as well wait for the right place.

I probably shouldn't have started working so soon anyway as it made it almost impossible to get out and about in L.A. in order to weave a social web. Oh, the old J-O-B, that monkey on my back! I'm going to take a week off and apply to another agency, but then I'll have to get back on the treadmill.

This weekend should be fun; I have a brunch (in Sherman Oaks), a birthday party (in Pasadena), a date (in my neighborhood), and a swing dance (in Los Feliz). Lots of driving around...

I went to lunch today with two new employees at the worksite, women in their forties, and we compared notes on L.A., the office, moving to new cities, etc. One just moved to L.A. from a major Southern city in the midst of a "mid-life crisis," while the other had left L.A. to try living in other states and just moved back. Both of them lamented the terrible singles scenes in those other locales. Ladies, there's no reprieve!

On the 14th I listened to a special radio program on the drive home featuring Pamela Des Barres recounting tales of her former conquests. It was a Happy Valentine's Day from Los Angeles.

No comments: