Thursday, February 8, 2007

TGIF, and all that

So tomorrow is Friday, and a friend from Austin is coming into town. Looking forward to some social life again.

It's amazing how fast I have adjusted to sitting in a cubicle all day. Literally, for the main part of seven hours, in the same spot. I think my heart rate and metabolism just slow down and I settle in like a crate-trained dog. Then, at 6 p.m. (although in this job I thankfully get off at 5), I burst out of the crate in a frenzy of activity and hit the gym.

There was an article in the NY Times today about aerobics having wreaked havoc on the joints of all those spandex-clad women from the eighties. I'm sure it's not good for the body to sit for eight hours and then get pounded on for an hour, but, then, what are the options?

No comments: