Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Glamorous Life

So a few weeks before moving out here a friend said to me, "Imagine, you'll be driving down Sunset Boulevard with the top down..."

It was like that when I first moved here, albeit that drive down Sunset Boulevard took place in a Toyota Corolla with the windows manually rolled down. I woke up every day with a sense of anticipation, and I would tool around L.A. all saucer eyed, listening to the Go Go's song "This Town," taking everything in. I think the move was worth it just for those weeks alone. I had been working for seven years straight, so it felt great to have those weeks to myself, although I was overwhelmed with moving in.

Oh, how quickly the 9-5 world can quash that feeling of adventure. My current routine is the same the world over: alarm, shower, cubicle, gym, home. At this point I could be Anywhere, U.S.A.

I should definitely hit the beach soon.

I read an article on the web about cars and what they signify about you in Los Angeles. Apparently a Toyota Corolla is a sign that you are a recent immigrant to the country...

No comments: