Thursday, February 8, 2007

Traffic

One of the many reasons I chose to live in the Beverly Center area is that it is smack in the center of the map, and I didn't know where I'd end up working. I'm very close to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Century City, and the Miracle Mile, not too far from Westwood, and within reasonable distance of Santa Monica. My current job is a 9 to 5er, and I have to travel around 5-10 miles, which takes 20-30 minutes. Not bad, considering the time of day.

The problems occur when there's an accident somewhere. Then a 30-minute commute easily becomes a 2-hour ordeal. This has happened to me twice so far.

There's also a lot of unprotected left turns in this city, which I try to avoid as much as possible; I should write a "protected lefts" guide to Los Angeles.

No comments: