Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Nights Spent Crying Into Pillow

Only about three thus far, resulting from one blown fuse that took two full evenings, during a migraine attack, to replace (had to drive all over the city looking for a replacement) and a grimmer job outlook than expected.

I had never seen those old round fuses before, but yes, they still exist. In a giant, sprawling metropolis like L.A., a little problem like a blown fuse can become a huge ordeal, due to distances and traffic. That is why people need assistants here.

After sitting in almost two hours of traffic (there had been a wreck earlier in the day on the 405) to get to the one hardware store, Koontz, that had the correct fuse, I finally made it home and got the lights back on and the space heater going. Just as I laid down, D. called and wanted to talk about the space heater, the heat in general, and how we could keep the costs down. I felt like a beleagured husband after a long day of work, like, "Honey, can we please just talk about this later..."

Since those fuses are becoming difficult to find, it occurred to me that I could start a small business in which I delivered fuses to those in need. It could be called "don'tblowyourfuse.com."

No comments: