Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to the Beach

I had an interview with another temp company this morning. Headed back over to Westwood, the area of town I'd been temping in. This interview was a great experience; I really liked the staff and felt they were very supportive and agreeable. I got a call from yet another agency this morning, so I may be interviewing again this week.

I had to take all the computer tests again, so after the process was over I felt the need to hit the beach! It's been almost six weeks since I've been to the coast. I haven't wanted to go on weekends due to the crowds and the traffic. This time I took the 101 and exited Topanga Canyon Road to get to Malibu. I stopped and hiked Topanga Canyon for about an hour and then drove through the tiny town. It's a little slice of hippieville bordering the multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. But, let's face it, the modest houses in Topanga are probably astoundingly expensive. Then I drove on down to the water and strolled along the beach for a while.

Then, of course, I had to drive back in traffic, but I didn't hit the road until 6:30 to avoid the worst of it.

My plan is still to get busy with some short-term temp work over the next couple of months that will leave me with occasional weekdays off to continue exploring around L.A. I'm hoping to have found a full-time job that I'm enthusiastic about within 3-6 months. I could also go back to the "personal assistant" agencies at that point with a great deal more knowledge of and work experience in L.A., but I'm thinking now that I am just going to find a good job fit through temping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you feel having a master's degree has helped you get temp work? I'm wondering if my master's degree will be advantageous, or if it doesn't make a difference. I'm not working as a librarian right now, I'm doing office work (and have a lot of computer software experience). Thanks for any input!