Friday, March 2, 2007

TGIF, Part III

This is my last day at the temp job at the private school. I’ve been sitting on a hard plastic (at first, metal) kid’s chair for three days straight, fixing a scrambled word document. It’s a very New Age-y school, but the “open heart” does not seem to apply to adult temps. Then again, I’m not paying tuition.

I’ve had to get up at 6 a.m. every morning in order to make it here on time. After this week, I have definitely ruled out working in Santa Monica, due to the drive (although that qualifies me as extremely wimpy here). What’s made it even tougher is that I had my usual night of insomnia the night before the first day and only got about four hours of sleep. Yesterday, probably because I was unable to make it to the gym and had been sitting all day, I had another night of insomnia and got a total of two hours of sleep. I’m shot, what with the lack of sleep and the back and hip pain from this chair.

Also, as soon as I arrived at this job, another agency called me with a job in Beverly Hills. Sigh. Them’s the breaks.

I have had fun outside of the job. Tried out salsa dancing at Monsoon on Wednesday and had drinks at the lovely Casa Del Mar last night. Had to cancel my tennis game today though due to exhaustion.

I may be interviewing for a job next week at the headquarters of a luxury cruiseline. The office is very close to where I live, which is becoming a top priority.

Looking forward to the weekend. There’s a trip to Santa Barbara in the works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, this is AWESOME--the blog in general I'm talking about. It's so interesting to read--well-written and exciting and engaging. I find myself totally into it, like I'm reading a novel.
Plus, of course, it keeps me informed of what's going on with you....
Sorry it took me awhile to get into gear with it. I'm a Luddite in a serious way, but I'M LOVIN' IT!