Tuesday, June 5, 2007

That's Entertainment

I'm pursuing some entertainment industry leads this week as I wait to hear more from the library. Tried another personal assistant agency on Sunset, but I had to ring a buzzer to get through the locked front door, and then the receptionist would barely give me the time of day. I have an interview on Wednesday with another entertainment temp agency; I'm thinking the best idea is for me to temp in the industry and build some connections during this waiting period. I also have a lunch date planned with an acquintance at CBS.

Coincidentally, I have three dates lined up this week with men who work in the industry. Those "creatives" are definitely my type... for better or worse.

I also caught up with my friend A., who had free passes to a screening of "Ocean's Thirteen" last night. I haven't seen A. in weeks and weeks. It's nice to finally have some free time to catch up with people! But now I know why it's been years since I've been to a theater to see a mainstream film. Pointless, unfunny, lazy,cliched, smug, boring... might as well have been watching paint dry. Of course, the theater was packed and everyone was laughing and seemingly enjoying themselves, proving that I am out of touch with 95% of humanity! I think there were about three other people in attendance for "Hollywood Dreams," which I, of course, was thoroughly engaged by.

1 comment:

Amy L said...

hee hee And though I enjoyed it, I haven't "paid" to go see a film in so long and WON'T most of the time, given my access to screenings, that it for sure skews my perspective. Free and $13 are two different animals!

so good to see you! spa party saturday, yay!