Saturday, June 2, 2007

Smote In The Eye

I woke up this morning with a scratchy feeling in my left eye. I have very poor health insurance at the moment, so every minor injury looms large. I bit the bullet and (finally) found a good clinic on Sepulveda at Olympic that is open on Saturdays. The doctor theorized that I might have had microscopic particles of sand under my eyelid that were scratching the surface each time I blinked. A Laguna Beach souvenir, if you will.

The only other thing I did today was see Henry Jaglom's "Hollywood Dreams." I confess that I'm a Jaglom fan from way back. The lead character, an aspiring actress, was incredibly needy and neurotic. Oy vey! She made me feel like a stoic.

The movie had me reflecting on my love/ hate relationship with this city. I'll be feeling happy to be here when BAM! all of a sudden I will feel repelled by the place.

While at the movie I saw a preview for an intriguing movie called "Broken English" starring Parker Posey. Burnout, bad dates, sleeping pills! What's not to like:
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/01/22/sundance-review-broken-english/

No comments: