Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yoga Freaks*

*not to be confused with "Goa Freaks," one of my favorite books

I've taken classes from some, ahem, interesting yoga teachers while living here, but my latest teacher takes the cake. Last week I thought he was handsome in a Luke Perry sort of way, but this evening he taught class wearing earrings, a shiny necklace, and makeup. He was also sporting baby-smooth legs and a lacy red thong under his shorts.

While waiting for class to begin, I picked up the L.A. Times and read a review of a book called "Parts per Million" about the possible link between numerous cancer cases and the nineteen oil wells at Beverly Hills High School. There's a plant at Century City and another forty wells "near Cedars-Sinai Medical Complex." I'm wondering if they mean the one that is located around the corner from me (there's another complex that is a little further west). If there are oil wells around here, then it's official, I am completely unobservant. The review is here:
http://www.calendarlive.com/books/la-bk-abcarian22jul22125320,0,5526634.story?coll
=cl-books-features

No comments: