Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Moment of Peace

Spent the bulk of today filling out paperwork in the company of prospective librarians who are as disgruntled with the hiring process as I have been. After speaking with them, I don't think there are all that many permanent jobs available, despite the "critical need."

I actually met a female friend out tonight instead of a date. We had a cup of tea in the relaxing Zen atmosphere of the Tea Garden on Melrose. That may be my last moment of peace for the next four days!

Her boyfriend showed up later and agreed with me that jobs pay surpisingly low wages in this city. He asked me to e-mail his his resume. I have lost count of the number of times I have passed that resume on.

Speaking of which, it has been submitted for the dream position, but there's no guarantee I'll get an interview. It's a personal assistant position, but no, it's not for Kathy G.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to find out who it is - good luck!