Friday, July 13, 2007

Not Yet the One

Went to a new, crowded, trendy club on Sunset last night called One. Loud music and lots of bare shoulders, highlighted hair, sparkling makeup, and pricey drinks. Same as a number of trendy clubs in Austin, the types I rarely frequented. I'm glad I got out, but it wasn't a conducive atmosphere for striking up conversation with people I barely know.

Earlier in the day I received a letter from the library stating I didn't receive a job offer from my interview. I believe this is because I knocked myself out of the running by stating job preferences that didn't match up to what they had on offer (I think mainly children's and teen service positions, although I was never told what actual jobs were available and at what locations). I could have saved myself some time and grief if they weren't so cryptic about what was on offer.

So back to Square One. Ugh. I registered with two local library employment agencies this morning and put my hat in the ring for some part-time, temporary positions that are a fairly significant commute from where I live. I figure maybe I can do the commute part-time. I'm still on the temp list for the two entertainment agencies, and I recontacted one of my former generic agencies and said I'd be interested in permanent work again if it paid a certain amount. I'm also in the running for library sub positions with the system that just interviewed me.

My job search has become totally schizo. I have three dates lined up this weekend, and I don't know how I am going to answer questions about what the heck I'm doing here.

No comments: