Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Crazy Date

Went on a third date last night with the guy I ran into on the Yahoo! campus. After he became Mr. Grabby Hands in his penthouse apartment and I told him I wanted to leave, he completely flipped his lid. Lots of yelling and wild accusations, with the browbeating continuing all the way down the elevator and out onto the street. Armchair diagnosis: paranoia. I'm lucky I didn't end up like Lana Clarkson from the Phil Spector case.

I knew it would never work, as he's a Republican and his suggestion of a date movie was "Die Hard 4." Speaking of bad movies, there was a great slew of "letters to the editor" in Salon today about the reasons people don't go to the theaters anymore, with mentions of outrageous ticket prices and superior TV series. Included were compliments to L.A.'s Arclight, Austin's Alamo Drafthouse, and Grosse Pointe Blank. The letters can be found at the end of this article:
http://salon.com/ent/movies/review/2007/07/19/btm/

1 comment:

matt said...

holy crap.

i'm sorry that happened to you.