Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lies, Lies, Lies, Yeah!

I've pretty much concluded that the interview with The Big Important Talent Agency ain't gonna happen, despite the temp agency's advice to go buy a suit. I'm sure they have plenty of resumes from Harvard grads willing to do anything to work there, so it makes sense that they wouldn't be interested in dealing with me. It also appears that the entertainment temp/placement agency will not be beating down my door with other opportunities.

Several people have advised me to fabricate entertainment industry experience on my resume, but I don't have the heart for it. Lying is a common practice in the Industry, though. "Fake it til you make it" and all that. I just feel like my experience should be good enough as is.

I did have a good second interview with the cruiseline and become more attracted to working there with each passing day. It's not as youth oriented as the entertainment sector, and everyone seems to go home before 6 p.m. Although I would be back in an office, I think that the travel industry could offer some of the same offbeat and adventurous job potential of the entertainment industry, with less competition and stress.

1 comment:

Amy L said...

I know I'm bigger than you, but I've got a size 6 Bananna suit you can borrow if needed.

And I've heard from other friends in the job hunt that the placement agency is playing games with them too. And they have a lot of HWood experience, including Agency, PA, etc work.