Friday, March 16, 2007

Temping Reconsidered, Part II

I had a discussion with my current temp agency today and it was suggested I look over their permanent job offerings and let them know what interests me.

There are several decent-paying admin jobs in my immediate area of town, from Hollywood to WeHo to Beverly Hills to Century City. So I am now switching strategies and hopefully can line up more interviews for permanent positions in the case I don’t get a job offer from the cruiseline. Only one of the positions is entertainment-related, but, other than trying one more time with the personal assistant agency, I no longer have the stomach for the entertainment industry run around, at least not right now.

I realized after posting yesterday that May is just around the corner—only about six weeks away. I think that is way too soon for making a decision about returning to Austin, so hopefully a decent-enough job will come through by then, one that will allow me to spend at least another year or two evaluating Los Angeles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah--it seems like it would be best to hang in there for longer than that, if you can...and good luck not getting caught blogging on the job.