Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Los Angeles Social

It looks like I won't be temping today, which is fine with me. My inclination is to lie in bed with my head under the covers. I need to process the last 2 1/2 months.

My busy dating life has gone bust again and I think it's time to find some social activities to participate in. Flipping through the LA Weekly, though, I just don't see the listings for clubs and activities like I did in the Austin Chronicle. There's a guidebook coming out this month called "Los Angeles Social," by A.K. Crump, that looks promising, despite the fact that it is supposed to cover 2005-2006. Okay, maybe not so promising.

I did manage to pull together five people for drinks last Friday, which was fun. Three actors (including my British friend J.), one talent agent, and an architect. Lots of shop talk about the entertainment biz, but it was lively.

I'm also going to a party this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to. I could use a party!

No comments: