Saturday, May 5, 2007

Ticket Me Elmo

Last night I gassed up my Toyota. $35. Unbelievable.

Today, Saturday, I had a lunch date in Larchmont. Beautiful breezy sunny day. I saw some roommate postings for Larchmont before I moved out here, and the rents were a bit cheaper, but I didn't know anything about the area. It's a little further east than my current neighborhood but has a very cute main street. Supposedly it is modelled after Larchmont, New York.

When I got back to my car I had another $40 parking ticket on the windshield! This makes number 3. Welcome to Larchmont.

When I got home I helped a birthday party performer on the sidewalk outside my apartment zip up into her Elmo suit.

1 comment:

David C. Fox said...

i'm glad you're staying for a while--not just because i'd miss my vicarious L.A. fix. i kno it must be lonely at times but it's unrealistic to think you can acclimate [pardon the almost pun. cough cough {get it? pollution?}] in a few months.
i would have definitely gone to Coachella--but saying that's in Los Angeles is kinda like saying SXSW is in Houston.