Monday, May 21, 2007

The Fat Lady Sings

The title of this post is a reference to the fact that this is the last week at my current gig, but it's also a reference to my new obsession with "The Sopranos," which seems to have a lot in common with "Grosse Pointe Blank." I just started watching "The Sopranos" two episodes ago but now I'm hooked on seeing it all play out.

It's been a nice distraction, as the past week at the job was another trial of unappreciated endurance, with another date that went nowhere, followed by a disappointing weekend. Friday night was spent with my roommate cleaning out melted food in the fridge (from a prior mishap), followed by the breakage of a glass jar filled with coins (it fell off the refrigerator), followed by another blown fuse, followed by problems with our internet connection as a result of the blown fuse. I did attend an interesting "Un-Cabaret" stand-up show Saturday night that featured comedy based on real life experiences as opposed to set-ups and punchlines, but at the last minute plans were changed and I had to go alone. It's awkward to attend events alone here as they usually include a cumpolsory meal and thus are set up with table seating as opposed to auditorium seating. The comics were really sharp though (writers and actors from "The Office" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm") and so it felt cathartic. Sunday I went on a challenging hike in Pacific Palisades with a group that consisted of four couples and five single women. Sunday night a date I was supposed to go on got bungled and thus cancelled.

Ah, the weekend... almost makes me long for the workweek except for the fact of my current job.

1 comment:

Cory said...

If you like the Sopranos (which I do except that we don't have cable so I am a season behind), read this multi-part thing from Slate:
ttp://www.slate.com/id/2163797/entry/2163798/