Sunday, May 13, 2007

Snakes in the Grass

I just returned home from Runyon Canyon where I witnessed a guy in shorts and a pair of flip flops chase down a rattlesnake and bludgeon it to death with a golf club.

Other than that, the weekend has been fairly uneventful. I went to a dive bar in Hollywood on Friday night but spent the rest of the weekend in bed, reading and recovering from one of the most exhausting workweeks of my life. I did finish up a greatly entertaining book called "I Love You, Let's Meet: Adventures in Online Dating."

And on that note, I received an e-mail from the editor of one of my favorite publications this weekend and hopefully will be meeting him in person soon. The publication is highly ironic, so it will be interesting to hear how it is faring in sunny L.A. A "sense of irony" is not one of the qualities that immediately springs to mind when I think of Southern Californians.

My social life is mainly comprised of these one-on-one meetings. I am adjusting to the fact that "community" is something I may not experience here, but I suppose the upside of that is the anonymity.

1 comment:

Amy L said...

"community" is not all that frequent here--and when you have it, if you all come together once a month, you're lucky. Aspiring actors seem to have a greater sense of that --I attribute it to 3 things 1. acting classes 2. auditions 1 & 2 being they always are exposed to new people and 3. too much time on their hands, need more people in their lives as most actors cannot be alone for a moment as if no one is there, who will bask in their greatness? LOL