Monday, April 9, 2007

I Luv Largo

I'm very lucky to live within walking distance of Largo, my favorite club in Los Angeles. This month alone they are featuring the musician John Doe and the comedians Margaret Cho, Patton Oswalt, and Sarah Silverman. I feel more comfortable there than I do at, say, Spaceland, where I am perhaps a bit over-the-hill for the thrift store set.

I need to make a concerted effort to get to Largo more often, as I moved to L.A. for the number of creative people doing really sharp work here. Not the "People" people, but the actually interesting ones. I should put the job concerns on the back burner for a spell and try to get in touch with that part of L.A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, totally.
I was thinking that maybe what you needed, and this is a little bit after the fact, but maybe what would have been better was a long vacation---like say backpacking around the US and the rest of the world for like a year...no work....just meeting cool interesting people, and seeing stuff, and having new experiences. Probably would have a been a lot more fun and cost about the same(?). Still possible?
I wanna go to Largo..maybe I'll go to LA too..

Julia said...

Live in the moment . . . enjoy the day. And get a bite plane, jaw guard, whatever they're called these days, for your grinding teeth!