Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Luv Largo, Part II

I made it to Largo again tonight to catch a benefit reading by Glasgow Phillips, the author of "The Royal Nonesuch." His reading was funny, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, and I highly recommend the book to my fellow ageing Gen X friends.

The musical guest for the evening was Fiona Apple. She is very petite, very dramatic, and blessed with a very good voice. She has become something of a jazz chanteuse of late.

The opening comedian looked so familiar... I couldn't quite place him... and then I figured it out! He played the hippie high school guidance counselor on that beloved cancelled TV show, "Freaks and Geeks."

1 comment:

Cory said...

Oh, yeah, Dave "Gruber" Allan! In the commentary of Freaks & Geeks they mention that he has a band. He's great in that show....how was his singing?