Sunday, April 8, 2007

Cruisin' the Aisles

Several times at grocery stores around L.A., men have struck up conversations with me about the stock. I immediately go into "stranger danger" alert, so it's unlikely I will ever successfully find love at Whole Foods. I also honestly never know if the person is hitting on me or if he really wants to know if I've tried the soup.

Today at Trader Joe's this guy struck up a conversation with me about their frozen key lime pie. Even if I had wanted the conversation to lead to something, I would have had no idea how to make that happen. I wonder if there is some obvious come-on line I'm supposed to respond with, like, "I think the melons are also looking ripe." I have no idea, so I usually just answer their questions and take off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious!

Julia said...

They are hitting on you.