Saturday, August 4, 2007

Smote In The Eye, Part II

My roommate's career in balloon animals got stalled last week when one of the animals she was twisting burst and hit her in the eye. Apparently, this is a common hazard of the job.

Another celebrity sighting in Whole Foods yesterday: Mena Suvari sporting a shaved head.

As for me, no word yet on whether I scored an interview for the personal assistant job. I do, however, think I will likely receive a job offer for a temporary library position that could result in a permanent placement in the West Hollywood area, which is very close to my home. The job is with yet another library system in the area.

Got my fifth parking ticket today. Am now up to $250 in tickets. Am babysitting for my French neighbor tonight, which will help to recoup my losses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I learned to make balloon figures when I was dating a professional juggler/street performer. My specialties were small jewel-colored heart balloons on a fancy stem - there's less twisting that way, but the way I made the stem took a lot of twisting - and I also liked to make braided crowns. I never had one break in my eye though - yikes!