Saturday, August 11, 2007

Or Maybe Not, Part II

On Wednesday I was offered the position at the headquarters of the megastore, so Thursday morning I visited the library in WeHo to meditate on my decision. After checking the place out, I decided that working in WeHo was indeed appealing (and that I needed a better salary) and turned down the megastore job offer.

Then yesterday I found out that the 90-day temp librarian position will not, in fact, automatically go permanent in WeHo and that the process of being considered for that position is similar to the process with the city. I have to interview to be placed on a list of contenders, and if I make that list I will go through two more interviews from there. This was unclear to me initially...

So, closing out my year in L.A., I am left with still more uncertainty. Ah, decent health coverage, will I ever see you again? On the positive side, I had a couple of other possible jobs in the works, and this leaves the door open for them. The library interviewers had also told me that there was a position open on Catalina Island, but I'm not ready to live on an island (but talk to me in a few years). There are positions open in Malibu, though, and I just might be willing to move out there.

Honestly, though, it would be nice if my renters in Austin were moving out in December so that I had the option of returning if I am still without a permanent job at that point.

No comments: