Monday, August 13, 2007

The Cut and Run

It's interesting that after less than a year in the Hollywood area I'm ready to cut and run for Malibu. Next I'll just sail out to sea.

It's like all my dates cutting their losses once they realize I may not be interested. Even when they come on strong, they are just GONE when things don't heat up quickly. Whatever happened to friendship, I ask you. I have managed to remain friends with only two of those guys.

On the other hand, what am I gonna do, throw a party for myself, three single female friends, and twenty-five of my former dates?

On Sunday I had a brunch date at Urth Cafe in Santa Monica, and we discussed how unlikely it is to run into people you know in Los Angeles. Afterwards, as we were walking to my car, this woman I met on Friday drove by and started honking and waving at us.

1 comment:

Gridiron Goddess said...

LOL I've been here 20 years and rarely run into people I know, but tonight on my way to Target, 2 cars passed me and I recognized the drivers as 1 ex bf and 1 gal I went to college with. lol

And yeah--friendship in this city is bizarre. I'm off to SF on Thursday for girl weekend, but would love to see you next week when I am back my friend!

BTW, this is Amy under my other football blog centered email acct.